Wednesday 10 August 2011

Before and After


When I finally got my craft room sorted I came across a problem, I needed a chair....

I had a beautiful chair which I had given a make over ages ago, painted light blue and the pop out seat was re-covered in Cath Kidston fabric. Lovely. Only problem was, that chair was being used for my dressing table so I had to keep lugging it back and forth between rooms every day and night! Then on a chance trip to Watton I found this little beaut sitting outside a second hand furniture shop. I have been looking all my LIFE for a dressing table stool like this. And it was £10! Needless to say it came home with me and got the Polka.Button treatment instantly! 
Stripped off the pretty gross braid and fabric and removed all nails...
Popped to Wilkinsons 10mins before closing time to buy some pain... One coat satin in a lovely grey blue.
 And finally I covered it in a brand new fabric I had bought a couple of weeks before and had no idea what to do with it. FATE.
 
 Luckily I have a lot of trims and such so finding a Pom Pom trim in a matching eggshell blue amongst my stash was no problem! Finished it off beautifully don't you think?!
Every morning I sit at my dressing table and this little stool makes me very happy! One day I will re-paint my dressing table the same grey colour as I have rather gone off the pale pink that I painted it a few years ago. One day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments, I look forward to hearing from you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...